Yay! I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors. I was really nervous for this test for some reason, maybe because my dad has type 1 diabetes or maybe because I eat sweets like they're going out of style, but everything was just fine. I went in and drank the nasty orange liquid. They tell you it tastes like orange soda, but beware: it does not. It kind of tastes like an even sweeter (if that's possible) orange tang with a nasty burning aftertaste. You get 5 minutes to drink the whole bottle, which isn't too bad. After chugging the sugary liquid, they did the standard appointment stuff....weighed me, measured me, took my blood pressure, and listened to the baby's heartbeat. Then I had to sit and wait for an hour.
The wait was excruciating because that sugar hit me like a ton of bricks. I started to feel nauseous and dizzy, but they insisted this was normal. I kept telling myself not to throw up because then you have to take the test all over again. Eek! After the time was up, they did the blood test. In order to be considered normal, my blood sugar level had to be below 134. It was only 81, which they said was wonderful. I decided to go out and celebrate with some chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment