Well, the summer is off to a wonderful start! I cannot believe it's almost halfway over already. We have kept ourselves very busy, and I have loved spending each and every second with my baby boy. Actually, Logan still goes to daycare on Mondays to keep himself in the routine, but every other day he is home.
I'll start with some Logan updates. Since I missed a month, this will have to be for months 19 and 20. So here we go...
-Logan is definitely a little vocalist! He has lots to say all the time, well, except for when he meets new people. Eric and I are constantly surprised by the words that come out of his mouth. We look at each other, like "Did he really just say that??" His favorite words are names. He gets really attached to people. This started with the names of all his friends on Sesame Street and extended to all his family and friends. He loves when Mama and Dada sing about different people or talk in their voices and will ask us to sing about them over and over and over again. More...Brody. More...Tony. More...Jonah. Etc.
-Logan still enjoys his time outside. He likes playing with chalk, although he always wants me to draw Elmo, Cookie, Abby, etc. He loves the park, and will seldom let us pass one up without stopping. He's getting really good at climbing and sliding all by himself. Logan has mixed feelings about the pool. He is much happier in water if he can walk into it. He does not like being carried into a deep pool. The pool we belong to is zero depth, which is perfect. We just have to get there more often.
-As for eating, Logan is becoming less and less picky, which is really nice. He is starting to eat more veggies again and is willing to try some new foods. A big trick continues to be giving his some "dip dip" with whatever he is eating. Whether is be ketchup, cheese spread, guacamole, or beans, he will happily dip everything on his plate into it. This makes for some interesting combinations, but I guess whatever makes him happy! His favorite foods continue to be fruit, pizza, and crackery type foods. Speaking of, every time the doorbell rings, Logan runs around the house yelling "pizza!"
-Logan and I have been spending our Tuesday mornings at Tot Rocks class. This has been the best class we have taken so far. It's so much fun! The theme is My Neighborhood, and each week the theme focuses around one part: the grocery store, the police and fire depts., etc. We sing songs, do silly dances, and play fun little games. Logan has been surprisingly outgoing during these classes. He is very good at going to the teacher to get supplies and is always the first kid helping to clean up. On the first day of class the teacher asked him his name first, he replied "Elmo." I told her his name was Logan but sometimes he likes to go by Elmo.
-Logan is definitely a lover. He still enjoys cuddling and is eager to give hugs and kisses. Eric loves it when he pats him on the back while being held. He started doing this as a baby and it never stopped. I always tell Logan that his full time job is making us happy :)
And now for some picture updates with some highlights from the past 2 months...
The summer began with some garage saling in a friend's neighborhood. Logan loved hanging out with Marshall and Olivia, riding in the wagon, trying out a two wheeler, and of course, eating a cookie...
Our Father's Day Celebrations were wonderful! Logan loved reading with his Uncle Matt, which was too cute. We got a great picture of my side of the fam with all the dads and their boys...
And let's end this post with a big smile. I'm glad to be caught up. I hope the second half of the summer is just as wonderful as the first...














1 comment:
that looks like a pretty awesome july! bring on the fun in august!
Post a Comment