Not too much is new in the world of pregnancy. It's hard to believe I am already 25% there...crazy! This week the baby is officially a fetus. Each week I read about the development of the "little bean." Right now the baby is the size of a kumquat, which according to my mom is a small, round, sour fruit. It's weird to think that something that small has already developed working organs, eyelids, and fingernails.
As for me, I've been feeling much better this week. I haven't thrown up since last Thursday :::knock on wood::: I still feel nauseous at various times throughout the day, but it is definitely improving. My sleeping, on the other hand, is getting worse. I feel bad for Eric and Rookie for that matter. I wake up to go to the bathroom at least twice a night, and then I have the hardest time getting back to sleep. Oh well, it's all worth it!
Can I just take this time to say that I have the best mom ever?! Today I was in the middle of teaching math and I had a sudden craving for hotdog soup. Sounds completely disgusting, right? Don't knock it until you try it because it is absolutely delicious. My grandpa, Poppi, used to always make it. It is basically a potato soup with sliced up hotdogs in it, and the flavoring is to die for. My mom will make it maybe once a year now, but it's a lot of work. You have to peel and cut up nearly 8 pounds of potatoes and 5 pounds of hotdogs. If you are going to make it, you must have enough to share. So anyway, I email my mom at 11am: "My wish list: I really, really, really, really have a taste for hotdog soup. It is all I can think about." At 3pm I get an email: "Hotdog soup is done!" OMG, I am so excited! I was thinking that if my child sent me that email, I would probably email them the recipe. I guess there is still time to learn...
Here it is, me at 10 weeks...still not much to see other than my normal pouch:















No comments:
Post a Comment