Sunday, July 5, 2009

An eventful weekend

Our holiday weekend started on Thursday because Eric took off of work for a day in the city. We first went to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry...yes we're dorks! Then, we headed to the Taste where we met our friends Colleen and Kyle. It was a perfect night and I definitely ate for 2:
Eric ate for 2 too = )


On Friday, we spent almost 4 hours at Babies R Us. A tad overwhelming, but we accomplished a ton! We ordered our furniture and began our registry. If any moms are reading this and have any advice about what we need to add or delete, please tell us because we were pretty clueless! Here is a picture of our furniture. Now I can't wait to paint the room and get it all set up!

On Saturday, we spent the entire day with family. I even got to meet my cousin's adorable baby, Lyla. She is 6 months old and is just the sweetest little thing! We finished our weekend today at beautiful Wrigley Field. The Cubs won...woo hoo! Now I am exhausted and am actually happy for the weekend to end and the week to begin. That might have something to do with the fact that it is summer so I don't have to go to work = )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liz, do you guys have the book Baby Bargains? Dan's sister-in-law recommended it for us, and it helped so much with registering. If you haven't heard about it, they give a grade ranking like A, B, C, etc. to everything, and then that way when you go to BRU (my former place of employment...yay!!) you don't even have to waste your time looking at all the stuff that didn't get an A (or whatever grade you want to use as your cutoff). I hope I'm not too late, and I hope this helps!!! Hang in there--the registering is no fun, but opening all that new stuff sure is!!! :o)
P.S. Your furniture is beautiful!! Is the blanket the design of the bedding you chose or was it just on there for the picture? Either way, I like it!!
hugs, Summer