Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Doctor Visit

Although we weren't scheduled to visit the doctor again until the 8 week mark, we had to take a trip there on Friday. On Thursday, while changing Logan's diaper, I noticed that some blood was coming from his belly button. Being a new mom, it of course freaked me out, so I called the doctor. They said to bring him in to get it checked out.

The doctor said that Logan has an umbilical cord hernia, which sounds much worse than it is. Basically he has an outie belly button because of a weak spot in his abdominal muscle. The doctor said it will go away on its own but may take a few years to do so. It is not painful at all and is nothing to worry about. Phew.

In other news, they weighed Logan and he is a whopping 10 pounds! His eating is definitely paying off. The nurse was really surprised that he is only 6 weeks old. She said he looked and acted much older. Way to go Little Logan!

Now for some cuteness...

And, Logan is not the only one that is fond of the boppy pillow!

2 comments:

Espresso Mom said...

LOVE the green hat! And FWIW, I was born with a hernia as well (still have it, but got smaller as I got older. Doesn't bother me at all.)

Christine said...

I'm also in love with the green hat. :) I want more pictures in it. Also, I think Gigi's Isa has a belly button hernia.