Friday, April 8, 2011

17 months

Late again...

*Logan is becoming more of a toddler each day. He is a walking and talking little man who knows what he wants and often whines if he doesn't get it. I think he gets his patience from his mom ;)

*Every day Logan is saying new words. It's amazing! The only problem is that we often don't understand what it is he's trying to say. I call it-communication frustration. Logan will repeat something over and over thinking we should know exactly what he wants. We know the usuals but the new words often have us stumped. This does not make Logan happy.

*Logan continues to enjoy watching the world around him. When we are at a crowded place, Logan loves finding a spot where he can stick his thumb in his mouth and scope out all the action. I wouldn't necessarily call him shy, but he's definitely an observer.

*Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse are the bee's knees in Logan's world. He will spot Elmo, Cookie, Oscar, Ernie, Abby, Big Bird, the Count, or Grover anywhere, including someone's shirt at Gymboree or on a bottle of toothpaste at the store. He talks about his "friends" all day long!

*Just this week we got to experience Logan's first stomach bug. I was driving with Logan home from daycare when he suddenly began crying hysterically. Then, blegch! Barf, all over. Poor guy was so scared. I pulled over, cleaned him off, and then drove the rest of the way home. Once we were home, he played around happily until he threw up all over the kitchen, the living room, and his bathroom. He went to bed right after his last upheaval, slept through the night, and was fine in the morning. Phew!

*Logan still looves reading books. Numerous times throughout the day, he will grab a book from the bookshelf, bring it over to someone, and plop down in their lap. He is great at pointing and naming different objects in the books. He even has his own "parts" in some of his favorite books.

*Logan continues to enjoy "school." Whenever I pick him up, he sees me across the room, smiles, yells "Mama," and goes right on playing. While I would love if he ran and jumped into my arms, it makes me even happier seeing him so content right where he's at.

*Logan is getting closer to being a one nap baby. Although he's been taking only one nap at school for months, he still does better with two. The problem is that Logan's morning nap often lasts too long and then he doesn't want to go down for a second nap early enough. He loves his sleep!

*A new obsession of Logan's is the great outdoors. He love, love, loves playing outside. Several times throughout the day, Logan will run to the door or window and repeat the words "out" "play" and "please." He will also grab his coat and hand it to me or Eric saying "out please." He loves running around in our yard, taking walks in the stroller with Rookie, and playing at the park. I think he is ready for summer, but who isn't!?

I cannot believe my next update will be about our one and a half year old... Didn't we just celebrate his first birthday!!?

No comments: