Thursday, May 21, 2009

16 Weeks

We had our 16 week appointment on Wednesday and everything went well. Let me tell you that hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time is definitely magical! Neither of us expected it to be so loud and strong sounding. Other than that, the appointment was rather uneventful. The doctor told us all the results of the blood tests from my "8 vial" appointment, and they took some more blood for the Down's test that they couldn't do at the last appointment.

As for me, I have been feeling more and more pregnant. My jeans are getting very snug in the waist, and for the first time Eric told me that he can really see my belly. It's funny because if someone told you that at any other point in your life it would be offensive, but since I am pregnant, I love it! The nausea is still there but it's lessening especially if I eat every two hours. That may have something to do with the belly as well! = )

Here is my 16 week picture. I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to do a bare belly picture, but since I want to compare later on, I will. Don't judge...


5 comments:

Mara said...

you look adorable!! So glad everything is going well :)

Marcie said...

glad to hear your appointment went well! your tummy looks so cute!!

Baygood said...

You look great Liz! How much longer until you find out the sex? I am sure hearing the heartbeat was an unbelievable experience! Talk to you soon!

Colette Bell said...

You look great!!! How fun that you are getting a belly!! I am so jealous that you are going to have this blog forever...it is awesome!!

Aniele said...

You look great!!! I can't wait to find out if the Bean is a boy bean or a girl bean, so that I can go SHOPPING!