Although I'm not a mother yet, I still had a pretty special day. I enjoyed spending time celebrating my mom and my mother-in-law who are both amazing women and mothers.
We went out to brunch with both of our families to Harry Caray's in Lombard. Holy cow did they have a lot of food! I sure fed "The Bean" well. It was nice to just sit around, eat, and chat. I love that both of our families get along so well. It makes holidays a lot easier! My brother and future sister-in-law brought me a card for the mother-to-be and I got a gift card for maternity clothes from my mom and mother-in-law, which was so sweet!
My mom, Eric, and I then went to the mall for a little bit to walk off our meals. I ate way too much. We went in a maternity store because I decided that in the next few weeks I'm going to have to buy some jeans. Those are the only things that are starting to get a little snug. I went in the dressing room to try on a pair. I put on some cropped jeans with a long tank, but I put this fake belly thing from the dressing room underneath. It makes you look like 7 or 8 months pregnant. When I walked out, Eric made the funniest face I have ever seen. I don't think he even knew what to think. I'm not sure if he thought my stomach grew a ton or if he thought the pants came with a built in belly. Regardless, it was so funny and we were all cracking up. I wish I had a camera to capture his expression. He better not be laughing at me like that though when my belly really is that big.
After our shopping trip, Eric and I came back home, took a long walk with Rookie, hung out, and watched some tv. When I got into bed for the night, there was a card on my pillow. Eric wrote a long mushy message about us moving onto the next stage of our lives together, etc. which of course made me cry. Then inside was a coupon book for "A summer full of excitement and relaxation." He said that since it was our last summer together, just the 2 of us, he wanted to make it special. He included things like Cubs tickets, a prenatal massage, and a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry to see the Harry Potter exhibit. So thoughtful!
It is surreal to think that for the next Mother's Day, I will actually be a mother!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment