This morning I had my students write a journal: Do you think Mrs. Maltz is having a girl or a boy? Why?
Here are some clips from my favorite responses...
"I think it will be a boy because my mom had a boy first. I think his name should be George."
"I think Mrs. Maltz is having a girl because Mrs. Maltz is a strong independent woman who is respectful to everyone she meets.” (this girl wants an A!)
“I think it should be a boy because they will do their homework fast. Then they will just play games and watch TV, and they won’t bug their parents.”
“Well, I think you should have a girl because when she grows up you can both go to the mall together.”
“I think you are having a boy because you are very sportive(?) and so are boys.”
“I think Mrs. Maltz is having a boy. Why? Because if a pregnant lady’s stomach is up it means she is having a boy.”
“I hope Mrs. Maltz has a girl because her favorite color is pink (a girl color).”
“I think Mrs. Maltz is going to have a boy because they are amazing. Unlike girls, their hair doesn’t have to be done every single second of the day.”
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment