Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 1

It is hard to believe that Little Logan is already a week old. I can tell time is just going to fly! This week has gone by very quickly. I have loved having Eric home with me. He has done so much from cleaning, to preparing all our meals, to changing lots of poopy diapers. I don't know how I am going to do it all once Eric returns to work tomorrow.

This week has been rather eventful. On Wednesday, Logan had his first appointment with the pediatrician. The doctor said everything looked great. Logan was already up 2 oz. since he left the hospital on Monday, and we told the doctor that was no surprise because the kid loves to eat. We found out that Logan's biliruben levels were slightly elevated, which the doctor assured us was very normal. We had to return the next day for another blood test. Since the levels had already dropped, the doc said everything would return to normal by itself. In the meantime, we let Logan have some time in the sun since that gets rid of the yellow color quicker. Here is a picture of him getting some sun...

Also, on Wednesday, Logan's big brother Rookie returned home. They seem to be best buds already. Rookie is fairly protective of Logan and does not like when he is upset. I have yet to get a good picture of the two of them, but I promise there will be many in the near future.

We also learned this week that Logan does not particularly enjoy bath time. We gave him a couple sponge baths this week, and he cried pretty much the entire time. He did like the end of the bath when we wrapped him up in a warm towel...


We've been playing with Logan on his activity mat and giving him some tummy time. So far, his favorite part of the mat is the big round mirror. He just loves looking at himself...must take after his mommy = )


Logan also had some wonderful visitors this week. His highlight was meeting his big cousin Joshua. He can't wait for Josh to show him the ropes...

And finally....this is what Logan thought of the Bears game today...

2 comments:

Renee Cybul said...

Great photos, Liz. I love Logan's brown eyes! Like Daddy? How did you do on your own today? I remember vividly the first time I was alone after Lindsay was born. I was frantic and called my mom to come over! Not proud of that.

Liz said...

Thanks Renee! The first day on my own went pretty well, but I was definitely ready for Eric to get home. My mom and aunt spent some time here today which was nice. Oh, and both Eric and I have dark brown eyes = )