Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 2

I was pretty nervous about week #2 with Little Logan since it was just going to be just the two of us, but everything went really well. We actually had different visitors/helpers every day, so we didn't get too lonely. Our days were kept full with lots of eating and sleeping. Logan spends about 6 hour each day eating; he takes after his dad and his mom! Although our days went well, we were both excited to see Eric each night by the time he got home from work.

Logan and I have been spending lots of time each morning playing on his activity mat on both his back and his tummy. On Wednesday night, we decided to show Eric how we do "tummy time." I put Logan down on his stomach, turned on his music, and within seconds he flipped onto his back. Eric asked, "Was he supposed to do that?" I responded that I think it's a little early for him to be flipping over; it must have been a fluke. The next morning he did it again twice. We have a strong baby on our hands! I'll have to try and get his new trick on video.

On Thursday morning, Grandma and I took Logan to his doctor appointment. It was basically just a quick check to make sure he is gaining weight. The doctor was pleased that Logan is up to 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was surprised that he gained that much purely on breastmilk. Since leaving the hospital, he has gained about an ounce a day. He had another blood test, and his biliruben levels are still going down, which is good as well. We then took our first of many trips to Target to try and find Daddy a birthday gift.

Speaking of birthdays, Logan had a special birthday treat for his daddy on Saturday. While I was changing him, lifting up his legs to wipe, he projectile pooped ALL over the place. It squirted at distances of about 10 feet. I screamed...Eric ran in...poop was all over the walls, the floor, and my arm. Thank god Eric was home for this momentous occasion! Sorry, there are no pictures.... but here is one of Logan and his big brother Rookie taking a nap together. Awwww!

1 comment:

Renee Cybul said...

Liz, love your posts. Believe it or not, I can still vividly remember my fear when I was going to be alone with my child for the first time. It is scary. You are a natural mother and I know you did fine. I cannot believe Logan turned over already! He is gifted!