Yesterday, I told my parents the big news...
I decided to tell my parents through a board game...Hoopla. We were filling time before dinner and decided to play a game. I had already pulled all the gamecards that related to babies in some way or another and put them at the top of the deck: babysitter, dna, carseat, Alice in Wonderland, training wheels, hospital, etc. We played the entire game in which you have to act, draw, or do other tasks to get the rest of the people to guess your word. For our very last card, I acted out pregnant by making a bump movement over my stomach. My parents both yelled out, "Pregnant!" Then I pointed to myself. My dad screamed, "You're pregnant!" and I nodded my head. They both screamed, smiled, hugged me, etc. It was the cutest thing ever.
I know...I'm so corny. It definitely makes it more real now that I can talk about it daily with my mom.
I decided to tell my parents through a board game...Hoopla. We were filling time before dinner and decided to play a game. I had already pulled all the gamecards that related to babies in some way or another and put them at the top of the deck: babysitter, dna, carseat, Alice in Wonderland, training wheels, hospital, etc. We played the entire game in which you have to act, draw, or do other tasks to get the rest of the people to guess your word. For our very last card, I acted out pregnant by making a bump movement over my stomach. My parents both yelled out, "Pregnant!" Then I pointed to myself. My dad screamed, "You're pregnant!" and I nodded my head. They both screamed, smiled, hugged me, etc. It was the cutest thing ever.
I know...I'm so corny. It definitely makes it more real now that I can talk about it daily with my mom.














1 comment:
You're so cute!! Corny is fun, and Dan and I told both sets of our parents in fun ways too!!! :o)
Post a Comment