Friday, October 2, 2009

35 Week Appointment

I actually had my 35 week appointment this past Monday. I haven't had a chance to post the details because it's been a crazy week with lots to do at work...the joys of parent/teacher conferences!

The appointment was pretty uneventful. The doctor asked if Baby Maltz was still as active, to which I replied, YES! He either has the hiccups, is doing Dance Dance Revolution, or is practicing his soccer skills in my belly a majority of the day. The doctor chuckled a little when finding the heartbeat because she was having to chase him around my belly. I don't think we are going to have a tame little guy!

Other than checking the heartbeat and doing the normal measurements, I had to get the Group B strep test. All pregnant women get this between 35-37 weeks. One out of every three women are carriers of this, and all it means is you have to receive antibiotics during delivery. I'll find out the results at my next appointment, which is actually this coming Monday. Yep, appointments every week from now until delivery! The dr. said that on Monday they will begin checking to see if I am dialated. I cannot believe I am at this point already!

Eric and I will be spending our Saturday morning tomorrow learning about breastfeeding. What fun! I am actually pretty excited about this class because this is something that's important to me, yet it's terrifying at the same time. Hopefully I'll feel a little more prepared after tomorrow. We'll see!

No comments: